Terms & Conditions
- No reservation is secure without a deposit.
- Reservations made 6 months and longer in advance require a 30% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit within 7 days.
- Reservations made less than 6 months prior to departure requires a 50% deposit of which 30% is non-refundable, payable within 7 days.
- This excludes air travel which requires 100% payment upon booking.
- Deposits and payments are not transferable.
- The balance of the tour cost is to be settled 45 days prior to departure. For tours that include services of suppliers with more stringent policies, different payment terms may apply. In this case, your consultant will advise the balance payment terms at the time of booking.
- All prices are quoted nett of any financial transaction charges. Bank charges are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
- In all instances, payment shall be made in the currency in which the invoice is made out.
- Failure to comply to this will result in an automatic cancellation of your booking.
Live the Journey (Pty) Ltd (Outbound)
Tygerberg Winelands, 198 765
112 122 0045
- Any cancellation of a confirmed booking must be received in writing.
- In the event of cancellation, charges will be determined at the time of cancellation. The charge will be determined by the date on which the cancellation is received and subject to third party supplier cancellation terms. Live the Journey reserves the right to recover any costs incurred or charges received from suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- The following indicates our standard cancellation charges:
- 60 days and longer prior to departure: 30% non-refundable deposit
- 59-46 days prior to departure: 50% of full amount
- 45-31 days prior to departure: 75% of full amount
- 30 - 0 days prior to departure: 100% of full amount
- All airfare reservations are arranged subject to the conditions imposed by the respective airline.
- Should you fail to take up your booking or tour, join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no refund will be made and no credit will be granted.
- Rates for children are available on request.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff, excepting where specifically stated.
How to book:
- Contact the office of Live Live The Journey by e-mail, fax or phone.
- Notice of confirmation, amendment or booking cancellation must be received in writing.
- All reservations are subject to Live The Journey’s cancellation policy.
- Quotations are valid only for the dates specified and are subject to adjustment if the services quoted for are not available at the time of actual booking. Any changes to the quotation requested by the traveler and incurring additional costs will be charged accordingly.
- Quoted prices are subject to adjustment in the event of fluctuating costs that may change and that relate to, but are not limited to government-imposed taxes, fuel prices, air fares, accommodation tariffs, tourism levies and/or the introduction of national, regional or local taxes or levies of whatever nature.
It is a condition of booking that all travellers, including any accompanying dependants or companions, are covered by fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance for the duration of their trip. This insurance should include cover in respect of, but not necessarily limited to, the following eventualities:
- Cancellation and curtailment of tour
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- Medical expenses
- Repatriation expenses and
- Damage / theft / loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
Live the Journey, including that of its representatives, employees and agents, will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by the traveler, traveler’s dependents or travelling companions, with regard to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Travellers not covered by adequate insurance may be charged directly by individual service providers for any emergency services required, or may find themselves in a position unable to access such services.
Live the Journey shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature whatsoever suffered by the traveler arising from:
- The loss of or any damage to any property.
- The cancellation or curtailment of any tour.
- Sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature whatsoever, however caused and whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
- Live the Journey accepts no liability for the death of, injury to, loss and/or damage to, any person and/or property arising out of any act or omission of itself or of any supplier, employee or agent whether as a result of negligence or otherwise. The traveler shall be deemed to have waived, renounced and abandoned any and all rights and entitlements to which he or she may be entitled under the provisions of the law of the Republic of South Africa for any loss or damage to person and/or property.
- Travellers shall be solely responsible for complying with the formalities required by police, customs, immigration, health and all other authorities at the point of arrival, departure and whilst in transit, in each and every country visited. Whilst Live the Journey will endeavor to provide the traveler, prior to departure, with the latest information concerning such regulations and restrictions, it shall not be responsible and does not accept any liability whatsoever for any inaccuracies or omissions in this regard.
- All travel arrangements, such as flight bookings, hotel and accommodation reservations, motor transport bookings and the like made by Live the Journey are subject to the booking conditions and cancellation provisions of the relevant supplier thereof.
- Live the Journey reserves the right to alter or substitute routes, refreshments, meals, accommodation, itineraries, tours, services, vehicles and/or arrangements should conditions necessitate. In such instances, substitutes of equal value will be offered wherever possible.
- If, in the opinion of Live the Journey, the fulfilment of any tour is considered impossible, illegal or if, in its opinion, inadvisable due to adverse weather conditions, avalanches, strikes, war, government interference and/or any other cause not arising from Live the Journey’s negligence, it may at any time cancel such tour or what remains of it or make alterations in the route, accommodation, price and/or any other aspect thereof as it thinks fit, and any losses and expenses resulting from such cancellation or alteration shall be borne by the traveler.
- Live the Journey reserves the right to cancel advertised tours due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a tour being cancelled by Live the Journey, a full refund on money already paid by tour members for the specific tour being cancelled, will be made to the tour members.
The payment of a deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation with Live The Journey constitutes consent by all clients covered by that payment to all the terms, conditions and provisions stipulated by Live The Journey.